Sunday, February 21, 2016

In The Pits For Foggy's 40th win




























Uncompromising and fanatical - Carl Fogarty's your nightmare workmate. Back in August 1997, Bike's Olly Duke joined team Ducati Corse as Foggy became superbike's best rider
lorious sunshine beats down as I sip my tiny cup of treacly, rocket-fuel expresso coffee. An excitable gabble of Italian breaks out as a group of lads play footy nearby, and the waft of frying garlic creeps into my nostrils. For one delicious moment I'm in a cafe in the town square of one of those beautiful, terracotta-coloured, hilltop villages in Tuscany.
Then the broad Lancashire accent of George Fogarty, Carl's dad, jolts me down to earth. I'm in the Donington Park paddock, where I'm spending a bank holiday World Superbike weekend. George ambles over to the food bar and is served a platter of pasta. He's joined by Michaela, Foggy's wife, and their two children, Danielle and Claudia. It's a family affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment